2012 release from the British Electronic artist. In the past, he has been dubbed the “godfather of the Ibiza anthem,” but Chicane mastermind, Nick Bracegirdle, has come a long way since the sun drenched Balearic shores first throbbed to the archetypal chill out classic, ‘Offshore’. The expression, ‘hot off the press’ does not apply when talking about the timing of Chicane’s albums; the last 12 months has been spent crafting, caressing and encouraging the tracks into shape. The album’s emotive power is sublime, and as Nick sums it up, “a collection of life’s soundtracks.”
* BARFLY – easiest of the new ones to obtain: need 4 check-in at bars, lounges and/or pubs over two separate days – anytime of the day. Not quite sure how this differs from SOUSED (unless it’s because it requires more than just one day since SOUSED in more of a pub-crawl on one night). (2672 yelpers “unlocked” and counting)
* CARROT TOP – 3 separate check-ins at 3 separate vegetarian establishments on 3 separate days. (106 yelpers “unlocked” and counting)
* FOOTLOOSE – 3 separate check-ins at 3 separate Dance Clubs over at least 2 days. It has to be a Dance Club too. I have a check-in at the Ballroom Dance Studio where I do some dance lessons and that check-in was in between the Dance Club check-ins, but it did not count towards this badge (85 yelpers “unlocked” and counting)
* MEATHEAD – 3 separate check-ins at 3 separate Steak Houses over 3 days. However, hamburger places (ie. fast food), burger shacks, mini-burger trucks, even gourmet burger establishmentsetc. etc., do NOT apply. (179 yelpers and counting)
* UNLEASED – 3 separate check-ins on 3 separate days/nights at a Dog Park. It can be the SAME dog park all 3 nights too. I walk my two-pocket panthers after midnight (since there are usually no dogs around then) through the Glenbrook Dog Park. near my home. It has to be a Dog Park also. Not a regular park. Not a Dog Sitter or Dog-Walking service either. (63 yelpers “unlocked” and counting)
* HAPPY HOUR POWER – I was praying this had nothing to do with church meetings, and luckily I was right. It took 5 check-ins and 5 different establishments, over 4 separate days, between the hours of 5-7pm. [Maybe 8pm. And maybe if you push it, you can get it in 2 or 3 days. I don't know.] (75 yelpers “unlocked” and counting).
Sometimes you get a TWO-fer. My check-in at “Badlands” (Sacramento) counted towards BOTH “Barfly” and “Footloose”. But not towards “Happy Hour Power” since my check in at Badlands was late at night. IF, however, my check had been before 7pm, I can’t help but wonder if I would have gotten a THREE-fer with the “Badlands” check-in.
/* Fallback for web browsers that don't support RGBa */
background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
/* RGBa with 0.6 opacity */
background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6);
/* For IE 5.5 - 7*/
/* For IE 8*/
-ms-filter: "progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr=#99000000, endColorstr=#99000000)";
RGBa support is available in:
- Firefox 3+
- Safari 2+
- Opera 10
Filters in Internet Explorer are available since Internet Explorer 5.5.
This means that this will work for virtually everyone!