Madonna – “The Celebration Tour” Starting In July? Nip it in the bud, it was a rumor!
Madonna Australian Tour Imminent
by Paul Cashmere – March 3 2010
Madonna looks about ready to announce an Australian tour.
A touring company insider has alerted Undercover to the soon-to-be announced Madonna ‘The Celebration Tour’ for July.
This will be the first time Madonna has been to Australian since 1993 and it will be her second ever Australian tour.
In total, 10 shows are planned with three shows for Sydney and Melbourne, two for Brisbane and one each for Adelaide and Perth penciled in.
The ticket price is said to be the highest price ever for a pop concert ticket in Australia with the cheap seats expected to go for $249, next level at $499, Gold at $999 and then an Ultimate ticket at $2000.
For $1000 more, Ultimate ticket holders can also upgrade to the Penultimate ticket for $3000 which will include a meet and greet, photo op and personally signed program from the tour.
The show is expected to be marketed as “a gift to Australia” for the years of touring cold shoulders.
The Australian shows will be indoor arena shows as opposed to the outdoor stadium shows she did in other parts of the world last year, hence the expensive ticket price.
The Melbourne show at Rod Laver Arena is also expected to be filmed for a live DVD.
All shall be revealed soon.
Madonna’s drummer Brian Frasier-Moore has let the cat out of the bag, confirming (in the video interview below) that the Queen of Pop will hit the road for a new tour early in the new year.
But it’s an anonymous email that arrived in our inbox today claiming to be from a “touring industry insider”, that’s most peaked our interest.
In it they make a series of claims, including that Madonna will announce a ten date tour of Australia later this month.
They also suggest that;
* “The Celebration Tour” will be an intimate arena tour, visiting Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.
* The tour will be marketed as a special “gift” for her Australian fans, who’ve waited almost 17 years to see her.
* 250 tickets will be given away to charity at each show.
* Ticket prices will be the highest ever seen in Australia (starting at $249).
* The tour will continue to overseas destinations, but on a larger scale (they name London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles, Berlin).
* One of the Melbourne dates will be filmed for a future DVD release.
We cannot confirm that any of the details contained in the email are true, and we’re not suggesting they are, but it certainly makes for interesting and exciting reading, particularly for local fans of the Material Girl, who’ve waited almost 17 long years to see her back on Australian shores. Could it be that in 2010, their wish finally come true?