Dell Inspiron 1545 back to factory settings
Having no success with Ctrl+F11 to try to run a Factory Restore, I went on Dell Support Chat, and this is what they told me:
1. Shut down the Computer.
2. Turn on the Computer and start pressing the “F8” Key on the first Dell logo. Keep on pressing the “F8” key on first Dell screen until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the scre
3. Highlight “Repair Your Computer” and hit enter.
4. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
5. Enter your Password and click ok.
6. On Choose a Recover Tool Window
Select: Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup
7. You Get:
a. Restore computer and preserve my new or changed files
b Select other System Backup and more options
8. Select: Select other System Backup and more options
a. Restore my computer
b. Backup Files and folders
Select: Restore my computer..
firm the restore and continue..
Select: Factory Image restore
9. Choose Restore without preserving new or changed files and click on Next.
10. Click on Continue.
This was exactly what I was looking for, and it worked!!!