Windows 7 – iPhone is not showing up as a device in iTunes when plugged in
- Go to Device Manager and choose Action > Update Driver Software…
- Right click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver and select Update Driver Software…
- Select Browse my computer for driver software
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Click Have Disk, then click Browse and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
- Double-click the usbaapl64 file. This file will be called “usbaapl” if you have a 32-bit version of Windows 7. If you don’t see “usbaapl” here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. instead.
- Click Open in the Have Disk window. Then, click Next and then Click Finish. Windows will install the driver.